1. Cologne – Traveling in Germany would not be the same without a stop in the city of Cologne, one of the oldest and most historic cities in the country. The Cologne Cathedral receives more than seven million visitors every year, and has some amazing architectural features. Cologne also offers a rich culture, a thriving nightlife, and many activities and attractions to enjoy.
2. Hamburg – Hamburg is the second largest city in Germany, and has the largest port in the entire country which dates back to the Middle Ages. The city attracts individuals from all cultures, and the result is a blending that is charming and exciting both. There are historical buildings and locations, many great eateries and places to stay, and a city that has many attractions.
3. Munich – Munich offers history, culture, a very friendly population, and much more, and it is one of the top ten cities to see in Germany. The English Gardens are the largest anywhere in Europe, and in one area nudity is not only allowed but encouraged, Munich also has many fine museums, but arrange to visit them on any day but Monday, when many of the museums are closed.
4. Berlin – Berlin is one of the top cities to visit while traveling in Germany, and also the capital city of the country. This city dates back to at least the twelve hundreds, and offers much for visitors to see, do, and experience. Numerous historical structures and fabulous architecture can be seen all over the city, and the culture and the nightlife are exceptional.
5. Bremen – Located in the north- west part of Germany, Bremen is one of the top ten cities to visit in this country. Though small enough to be explored in a few days, the city does pack a large punch. It is quaint and charming, yet cultural and elegant at the same time. You will find plenty to see and a lot to enjoy in this small city, with the same name as Germany’s smallest state.
6. Dresden – As the capital city of the state of Saxony in Germany, Dresden is a popular city for visitors. The city silhouette offers many spires and other visual features which make it unique, and an incredible sight to view.
7. Potsdam – One of the top cities to visit while traveling in Germany is Potsdam, and this city is older than Berlin and has more history. Potsdam dates back to around the tenth century, and today it is a great place to visit and vacation. Sanssouci Park features many architectural masterpieces and gorgeous landscaped gardens, and was created by Frederick the Great.
8. Frankfurt – As home to the largest financial center in Europe Frankfurt Germany has a distinction which sets the city apart. Frankfurt is a thriving location, with plenty to do and many attractions to see. High rise structures line the cityscape, and the city is awake and alive around the clock, and full of vitality.
9. Bonn – Bonn is a must experience city if you are traveling in Germany. Culture and art are both big attractions here, and there are a number of museums and historical structures which are fascinating and awe-inspiring. The population is very welcoming, and the numerous attractions include something for everyone.
10. Nuremberg – Best known for the Nuremberg trials held after WWII, this city has a lot more to offer visitors. The city has a medieval charm to this day, with a castle and many other historical structures that can be exciting to explore.